Over the next few months we’ll be transitioning our online presence to our Facebook page.
Visit us there to access the Together Cville Events Calendar and find other updates.
There's power in numbers. Make your voice heard.
Tips for Safe Protesting and Counter Protesting
Form an Affinity Group
Join forces with a group of people who share common interests, perspectives, and trust. Don't just wander to the protest alone. Rather, assemble a group of friends who share your protest tactics, level of risk, goals for involvement in the protest, etc. Learn more.
Know your rights
Standing up for your right to protest can be challenging. Check out this handy ACLU guide.
- Plan ahead. Know what to expect and how to get assistance.
- Have a plan to contact your friends / affinity group if separated.
- Be calm and focused: When things get intense, react to danger or warning signs sooner not later.
- Watch for signs of physical and mental problems in yourself and others. Try to calm down others who exhibit panic behavior.
- Document, film, or write down incidents of violence.
- Do not forget to eat, and drink plenty of water.
- Overview of protest how-tos form Amnesty International USA
- An Activist's Guide to Basic First Aid
Contact federal officials
US Representative Tom Garrett
Website I Facebook I Twitter
415 Cannon House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515, 202-225-4711
686 Berkmar Circle, 2nd Floor, Charlottesville, VA 22901, 434-973-9631
308 Craghead Street, Suite 102D, Danville, VA 24541, 434-791-2596